Families will also find plenty of free fun at the Open House, as Summit on the Park will be celebrating Bartlett T. Beaver’s 2nd Birthday with birthday games, treats and activities. The first 50 kids in attendance will get to decorate a birthday cupcake and make a free craft. Plus, the first 75 kids to attend will receive a back-to-school goodie bag. Kids can test their strength as they take on Bartlett the Beaver in a special fitness challenge. Cheer him on during a crazy new Mascot Race at 6 p.m. Families can also stick around for free community open swimming time and our Summer Beach Bash from 7-9 p.m. at the Summit Aquatic Center, where the first 100 participants to enter the Aquatic Center will receive a free Summit Swim School beach ball and swim lesson registration coupon.
Attendees will also learn about upcoming Canton Leisure Services fall classes, programs and events during this Open House. Plus, they can also take part in special offers and discounts, and enjoy an evening of fun at Canton’s premier fitness and community recreation destination.
“This event offers a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in a Canton Leisure Services program or activity to come and see what we have to offer, ask questions and meet many of the Leisure Services staff,” said Jennifer Provenzano, Recreation Coordinator. “Join us for some family-friendly fun as you explore the variety of opportunities we have available for classes and programs for all ages this fall and winter.”
In addition to the opportunity to meet instructors and register for programs, families and individuals can take advantage of a variety of deals just by stopping by the Open House, including:
• Special back-to-school membership pricing: new Summit on the Park members that register between August 16 – September 6, 2015 will have their one-time application fee waived (a $30 value)
• Discounted early-bird registration pricing on Fall recreation programs and classes
• Entry into drawings for Family Prize packs, including family passes to upcoming Canton events, like the Trick-or-Treat Parade, Annual Tree Lighting, Santa Breakfast and Butterfly Ball
• Health and Wellness Information regarding Pathway to a Healthier Michigan Grant opportunities
• Face Painting; bounce house provided by Awesome Bounce; light refreshments; and more!
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover what your neighbors already know! For more information, call 734/394-5460 or visit www.cantonfun.org.