Road Construction Update
JULY 23 Update:
Ridge Road between Ford and Warren Road will be closed to thru traffic beginning the week of July 27 for paving and culvert replacement work.
2020 Road Projects:
Canton Water-main Projects
Glengarry Boulevard: 1,000 of new water-main is currently being installed. The southbound lanes of Glengarry Boulevard between Lothrop and Thornhill Roads are closed and will not reopen until October. Please avoid the area and use an alternative route.
PLEASE NOTE: These are Wayne County projects. Any and all information will be published as soon as the County makes it available. These projects are subject to change and all questions should be directed to the county by calling 313/224-7600.
1. Cherry Hill Road Phase 1: (Canton Center to east of Lilley Road) 1.74 miles of widen and HMA Resurfacing of Existing Pavement. Tentatively scheduled to begin this year.
2. Cherry Hill Road Phase 2: (east of Lilley Road to east of Haggerty Road) widen and HMA Resurfacing. In addition, Haggerty Road 600’ north and Cherry Hill Road 400’ south will also be widened and resurfaced. Tentatively scheduled to begin this year and finished in 2021.
3. Ridge Road: (N. of Ford Road to Warren Road) 1.0 mile of HMA Paving of existing gravel Road. This joint project between Wayne County and Canton. The construction contract was awarded in February. Utility relocation is underway with bridge replacement and road paving anticipated to begin late summer. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020. Construction is anticipated to start in July. Advanced notice will be posted on the roadway.
1. Traffic Signal at Michigan Avenue and Beck: Currently under construction.
2. Traffic Signal at Ford/Ridge: Anticipated to be done this year.
CANTON ROAD IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM