Greater Canton Youth Baseball & Softball Association (GCYBSA)
GCYBSA is a partner with Canton and Plymouth Township and Plymouth Canton Community Schools and serves over 2200 players annually.
- Spring Leagues (April through June)
- Fall Baseball Leagues (mid August through October 10).
- Any player age 4 to 18 years, that lives in the City of Plymouth, Plymouth Township, Canton Township or attends any school in the Plymouth-Canton School District boundaries is eligible to play.
- These schools include the public, private, charter and home school programs.
- Players are placed on teams by grade and based on school attended or geographic location. GCYBSA also has competitive and travel programs and a fall baseball program.
- Visit the GCYBSA Website or call 734/394-5358.
Canton Cardinals Travel Baseball - GCYBSA
This is a community based travel baseball program with GCYBSA (Greater Canton Youth Baseball Softball Association).
Our Mission: Work Hard!
Our Goal: The Fundamentals Everyday!
Players play with passion and play for respect. For more information visit their website at: Canton Cardinals Travel Baseball Website
Canton Little League Baseball
Any player who will reach the proper age before August 1, of the year in question shall be eligible to compete in Little League Baseball. Must have proof of residency, attend Plymouth-Canton School District and present a birth certificate. Visit the Canton Little League Website for more information.
- Tryouts to place all players on a team are held in March.
- League practices start in April with the league complete at the end of June followed by the All-Star tournaments in July.
2020 BASEBALL CAMPS AND PROGRAMS
PAT WATSON BASEBALL CAMP
8-time Coach of the Year, Coach Pat Watson brings a wealth of experience to this program. His credits include most wins in history as Coach at West Bloomfield High school, and was selected to coach a MHSBCA all-star game at Comerica Park. Players will work on the fundamental skills of the game along with daily scrimmages. Emphasis will be on throwing, catching, fielding and hitting. Instruction will be both in an individual and group setting. The camp fee includes t-shirt.
What to Bring: Bring a sack lunch, water bottle, glove & shoes.
Location: Canton Sports Center: 46555 W. Michigan Avenue, Canton, MI 48188
Registration: Online or at the Summit on the Park front desk starting Feb. 26 at 5pm.
|SP1335||7-14 yrs||Jul 20-24||9-2p|
PITCH HIT & RUN BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL SKILLS COMPETITION
Canton Leisure Services and Greater Canton Youth Baseball Softball team up in offering the Free MLB Pitch, Hit and Run competition. Registration will begin at 6 pm with the event beginning at 6:15 pm. Bats and balls will be provided. Girls can elect to use softball. Players will compete in three contests: pitching, hitting and running the bases. Qualifiers will advance to sectional competition. For more information please call the Canton Sports Center at 734/483-5600 or pre-register at mlb.com/pitch-hit-run.