Current Gallery Exhibit
veterans day art exhibit
9th cavalry, chue lai, 1967 - chuck schroeder
In honor of Veterans Day, the Village Theater at Cherry Hill will be featuring a special exhibit of drawings portraying scenes/images of the Vietnam War by Pen & Ink artist Chuck Schroeder. This special exhibit will be on display in the theater vestibule now through November 17, 2019.
Visit during regular hours or during Canton's Salute to Service Program, a Free Event at the Village Theater to honor area service men and women, on Monday, November 11 (Veterans Day) beginning at 6pm.
ann arbor fiberarts guild
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill is pleased to exhibit works from the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild now through November 25, 2019.
There will be a free reception honoring the artists' works on November 6, 2019 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild is comprised of a group of artists who champion the enjoyment of fiber arts through information and demonstration. Works on display include a wide variety of fiber art, such as: Basketry, Beading, Bead Embroidery, Bead Weaving, Kumihimo, Crochet, Doll Making, Dyeing and Painting, Embroidery, Felting, Garment Design and Construction, Handmade paper and Book Art, Knitting, Knotting, Quilting, Sewing, Spinning, Weaving, and Surface Design. These one-of-a-kind textile creations contain unique color, pattern and textural details and can provide warmth and texture to enhance any environment as they take you on a textile journey that may be powerful or subtle, as well as lyrical and dramatic.
Exhibition Artists include: Jill Ault, Carol Fleischer, Teresa Garland, Linda Girard, Irmgard Gruber, Cindy Harris, Sandy Kunkle, Anne MacKinnon, Terry O’Toole, Mary Valerie Richter, Barbara Schutzgruber, Marla Smith, Pat Thompson, Lois Tucker-Wubbenhorst, Helen Welford, Sharon Weltner and Kathy Zasuwa.
27th Annual canton fine arts exhibition people's choice award - "Dinner for one" - Anne Rouan
NOVEMBER ART WORKSHOP :
Wine & Weave Opens in New Window - a Fiberarts Weaving Workshop led by Cynthia Harris on November 20, 2019 from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Save the Date for Next Month's Exhibition:
Christine Walters-Watercolors, November 28, 2019 through January 1, 2020. On December 3, 2019 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., the Village Theater will be hosting a Free Reception to honor the artist.
december art workshop :
Watercolor Holiday Ornaments Workshop Opens in New Window - an ornament making workshop including holiday drinks, snacks and festive music to be held on December 12, 2019 from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Art Workshops Schedule
Each month a featured Art Workshop will be held that showcases a unique arts medium allowing participants to sharpen skills, get creative, or enjoy light refreshments while learning something new.
- January 22: Art & Poetry
- February 19: Light & Art
- March 18: Flower Wreath Making
- April 22: Persian Art & Flavors
- May 20: Jewelry Making
Workshop fees are $20 per person. Registration is required. For additional workshop information, call 734/394-5300.
The Gallery @ VT: Art Exhibition Schedule
- November: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- December: Christine Walters - Watercolor
- January: Jennifer Farina -“Transmutations”, Watercolor & Poetry
- February: Melissa Sheffer & Ted Ramsay - Paintings
- March: “When There Are Nine” Sharlene Welton, Sylvia Ford, Patricia Izzo, Rose Lewandowski, Martine MacDonald, Valerie Mann, Charlene Uresey, Alga Washington, Sharlene Welton, and Jeni Wheeler
- April: Arab American Exhibition - Collaborative
- May: Alga Washington - Paintings
- June: Tiera Knaff – Paintings & Sculptures
- July: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild - Fiber
- August: Jim Aho - “Simple Gifts – The Book of Cuba", Photography
- September: Josh Berliner - Paintings
- October: 28th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: Ilham Mahfouz – Abstract Painting
- December: Janet Kondziela - Paintings
Free and open to the public on most weekdays (except Township holidays) 10 am to 2 pm, during all public performances and by calling 734/394-5308, for an appointment. Schedule subject to change without notice.