Water and Sewer Rates
As a result of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services health order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Canton Township has announced temporary operational changes.
As of Wednesday, November 18, 2020, the Canton Administration Building will be closed to the public for drop-in service. Many services will remain by scheduled appointment only. Call 734/394-5100 to request an appointment for in-person service or 734-394-5130 to make a scheduled appointment with the Treasurers office. All Canton staff working in the Administration Building will continue to be screened upon entering, and will be wearing masks. Visitors who have appointments will also be screened and required to wear a mask.
Online eService’s remain available at www.canton-mi.org.
Residents who have PT, PRE and Rescind paperwork to turn in, please use our drop box located to the right of the main entrance. We will date stamp your paperwork and send a copy to your home.
To see the many ways you can pay your water bill and property tax please visit.
Water bills and Property taxes can also be dropped in our drop box. If you would like a stamped receipt please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your bill.
Please note that there are many ways to pay your property tax. You can pay by mail : Canton Township Treasurer; P.O. Box 87010; Canton Township, Michigan 48187; Drop Box (located outside Township hall) Autopay, IVR (1-833-679-1710), online https://www.canton-mi.org/296/Online-Tax-Bill-Payment.
Please note that there are many ways to pay your water bill. You can pay by mail: Canton Township Water Department; P.O Box 87680; Canton Township, Michigan 48187; Drop Box (located outside Township Hall) Autopay, IVR (1-833-679-1711), online https://www.canton-mi.org/304/Online-Payments
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact my office.
If your six (6) digit account number begins with the following:
- One (1) or a Three (3), you are billed the first business day of "odd" months and due the last Wednesday of the same month.
- Zero (0) or Two (2), you are billed the first business day of "even" months and due the last Wednesday of the same month.
To learn your water billing cycle, click on the new interactive Water Billing Cycle Map
Water and Sewer Rates Effective May 1, 2019 - will remain the same for 2020
- $6.23 per 1,000 gallons: water consumption rate
- $5.28 per 1,000 gallons: sewage disposal rate
- $11.51 per 1,000 gallons of water used (combined rate)
- Water: $8.24
- Sewer with sump $6.04
- Sewer without sump $14.90
"eUtilities" is a new site to view the following features:
- Account Summary
- View Bills
- Water and Sewer Consumption Analysis
- Account History
- Link to pay your water bill that will re-route you to our website
- Sign-up and register!
Odd / Even Voluntary Outdoor Water Restrictions
To help reduce future water rate increases, Canton is asking all customers to comply with our odd / even voluntary outdoor water restrictions. By following these voluntary restrictions, we can cooperatively help reduce water use during peak demand periods and help reduce future rate increases. The restrictions are as follows:
- If your address ends in an odd number, irrigation should only be done on odd numbered days.
- If you have an even numbered address, irrigation should be done on even numbered days.
- Canton residents should irrigate between the hours of midnight and 6 am.
Delinquent Water Accounts
Customer’s who fail to pay, or make arrangements for a payment plan within 7 - 10 calendar days following the due date of their water bill, will be notified in writing. A short extension period will be indicated on the notice; failure to pay following the delinquent notice, will result in termination of service.
- If water service isn’t available for more than 24 hours, the house cannot be occupied in accordance to Township Ordinance 78-165.
- Water will not be shut off during the months of December 1 through March 31.
- Water will not be shut off over a weekend, or over a holiday.
- Payments must be paid in full with guaranteed funds (money order, cash, credit cards) before the water will be turned on.
- A charge of $70 for the involuntary disconnection will be added to the account. A re-connection charge of $45 will be added to the account.
- 48 hours in advance
- $20 service fee
- Call 734/394-5240 to schedule
Water Quality Reports
For more information on Canton’s water and sewer charges, please call Water Billing at 734/394-5240.