Programming without walls
Canton Leisure Services is a proud provider of family events and activities, as well as health and wellness, and additional recreational opportunities for the community. In response to the global health crisis and the inevitable changes to classes and programs, we have decided to not publish a Fall and Winter Discover Brochure activity guide. Instead, the department will be utilizing this website, our Facebook pages, and our e-newsletters to help bring more current program offerings and updates to Canton. These virtual marketing tools will help us continue to roll out new program opportunities, better update residents regarding cancellations, or postponements, and will ultimately enable us to better connect with the community in real time.
New Virtual and In-Person Programs
To better address our community’s programming needs in this ever-changing environment, Canton Leisure Services will be launching all new programming opportunities here . All of these programs have been developed to allow for safe physical distancing, many opportunities for online engagement, in-person face mask policies, smaller class sizes, and other important safety protocols which include staff and instructor temperature checks, equipment sanitizing procedures, and more.
Look for exciting new recreational programs and events to be rolled out on an ongoing basis throughout the fall. As we move forward, watch for new programs to be announced as they become available, with registration beginning once posted. For additional information, call 734/394-5360 or email email@example.com.
Need to withdraw from a class, program or event? Fill out the Canton Leisure Services Program Satisfaction/Withdrawal Form online at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program or event. Find additional refund information here Version OptionsProgramming without wallsHeadline Class/Program Withdrawal Class/Program Withdrawal Class/Program Withdrawal Class/Program Withdrawal.
- How to Register
- Class Locations
- Rec Your week
- Health and Wellness
- Special Events
- Discover Brochure Update
Canton Leisure Services has put together an exciting lineup of fun fall programming that will be both engaging and safe for all participants.
WINTER 2020 OFFERINGS:
Choose from a variety of fun activities in the SPECIAL EVENTS TAB to the left (5th tab down), where you'll find direct registration links for all of these winter programs.
Registration is underway!
At this time, pre-registration is required for all Leisure Services classes, programs and events. Find information and registration details for all classes and special events online in Canton Leisure Services' CivicRec Catalog. If you have questions about registration, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 734/394-5360.
Great ways to stay current with new and upcoming program and event opportunities-
- Click on the "Stay Connected" box in the menu at the bottom of this page. The Leisure Link, and other helpful online newsletters will arrive monthly in your inbox and help you avoid the dreaded waitlist.
- Follow the Canton Leisure Services Facebook page
- Watch for our "Rec Your Week" video updates. youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link
Important Program Location Information
For decades, the Summit on the Park and Heritage Park have served as safe spaces for the community to come together. We are excited to welcome you back as we relaunch program efforts centered in these outdoor campus locations while some of our more traditional spaces remain closed for now. Parking lots will become yoga studios. Tents will become classrooms. Parks will become Teen Centers. Our programs may not look exactly the same, but our hearts are still in it…And while we might stand 6-feet apart, there’s so much fun we can still have together!
Heritage Park Amphitheater
Located in Heritage Park just west of the Canton Administration Building 1150 S. Canton Center Road.
the Summit Community Courtyard
Located on the campus of the Summit on the Park 46000 Summit Parkway, instructors will begin utilizing the west parking lot, outdoor tents, and patio locations to host a variety of outdoor programming while seasons and weather permits. The newly named "Summit Community Courtyard" will utilize the Canton Live Stage and creative use of other adjacent outdoor spaces to welcome residents back home to the Summit for their recreation and fitness needs.
Summit on the Park
Located at 46000 Summit Parkway, indoor classes will have designated space to allow for physical distancing and equipment.
- Pre-registration for classes is required.
- Face masks are required at all times when indoors at the Summit on the Park; this includes while working out.
- Yoga mats and stretching mats will not be provided, please bring your own for floor work and mind-body classes.
If you are registered for a program that is being offered virtually, a link and password for the program will be emailed to you just prior to class. Please make sure that a current email is included in your registration profile.
Please be sure to pay extra attention to your program locations upon registration!
REC Your Week
New Weekly Video Updates
Find out what’s happening in the world of Parks and Recreation in Canton as we "REC Your Week" with new outdoor and virtual/online programs. Check out this weekly video segment youtube link youtube link youtube link to stay informed about new classes, programs, and special events from Canton Leisure Services.
Check back towards the end of next week for a new segment
Get out and get moving with Canton Leisure Services fitness classes! Outdoor and soon, indoor classes, are being offered for a variety of intensities and formats including Zumba, Cycle, Yoga, BEST of Health, Strength and more.
Find the current list of all outdoor fitness classes on the Fitness Classes web page and register today!
- Outdoor Classes: Now through October 17, 2020
- Indoor Classes: Begin October 18, 2020
Pre-registration is Required. There is no on-site registration for classes; only online registration is available.
- Registration opens 2 weeks before and closes 24 hours before class.
The location for each class will be listed in the registration.
- Summit on the Park: Indoors at 46000 Summit Parkway
- Summit Community Courtyard: Outdoors at the West Parking Lot of the Summit on the Park
- Heritage Park Amphitheater: Outdoors just behind the Administration Building 1150 S. Canton Center Road
Classes may be cancelled at any time due to inclement weather and will be refunded in full.
The Summit on the Park Facebook Page will be utilized to communicate weather-related class cancellations or changes. Be sure to like and follow this page to stay well connected to important related updates.
Making lasting memories is at the cornerstone of Leisure Services' mission, and the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged us to identify new and innovative ways to celebrate some of our favorite traditions. Check out the Special Events calendar for some safe and unique programming opportunities that the entire family can enjoy. New events will be added monthly and will feature both outdoor in-person, and virtual offerings.
FALL 2020 OFFERINGS
- Portable Pumpkin Patch Experience
- Once Upon A Halloween - Virtual Storytelling Series
- Bartlett's Candy Express (email email@example.com to nominate your street for this FREE reverse trick or treating event on October 8 & 15).
- Halloween Story Trail - Trick or Treating
- Carpool Cinema
- Santa Letters (Canton Leisure Services has made special arrangements with our friends at the North Pole and the US Post Office to deliver your wish list to Santa! Residents can drop off a letter to Santa using the permanent ballot mailbox near the Canton Administration Building. Print your name and address clearly so he may reply to your letter. Drop off will run November 11-30 and is FREE)
- Virtual Tree Lighting (Join in virtually on the CLS YouTube Page or the Canton Community Television Channel on December 2nd at 6:30pm to view the lighting of the official Canton Township Holiday Tree and follow Santa as he makes his way to Canton. There will be special guests and performances!)
- Santa is Coming to YOUR Town-In an effort to celebrate the beautiful diversity of this community, and to showcase the wide array of traditions that are often celebrated this time of year, we invite you to email firstname.lastname@example.org and share with us your favorite family, holiday, or winter season tradition! If your submission is selected as one of our winners, we have a treat in store for your street! On December 10th or 17th from 6-8pm you and your neighbors can wait in your driveway or along the sidewalks as Canton Leisure Services and Canton Public Safety escort Santa Claus through your neighborhood in style…tossing out goodies to children and families. Contest submissions will run November 15th- 30th. The best part, it’s free!
- Home for the Holidays
- Winter Wonderland Walk
Thank you to the following event sponsors, whose generous support has enabled us to offer this year's lineup of engaging and socially-distanced special event:
Canton Leisure Services is greatly appreciative of their support!
Learn more about upcoming classes and programs specific to you or your family's personal interests. Some of the examples of current programs are listed under each category. To learn more and get signed up, please visit the program category web page.
- Babysitter/Pet Sitter Training
- Tumblebunnies Gymnastics, Cheer, Soccer, Zumba
- BLOCK and Beyond Out of School Program
- For the Love of You
- It's Time for Gym
- Teen Art Guild
- Lunch & Learn
- Lead #LikeAGirl and Be A #ModelMan
- Teen Recess
- Teen Night Outs
- Outdoor Fitness Classes
- Walking Group
- Virtual BINGO
- Coffee with a Cop
- Other Services
- Virtual Experience
- Fit Club
- Social Club
Please Note: Program offerings are tentative and subject to change.
All programs require pre-registration through the online CivicRec software. Credit Card is required. If you have questions about registration or need assistance please email our staff at email@example.com.
Q. How do I find out what programs are being offered and when to register?
A. There are a few easy ways:
- Click on the "Stay Connected" box in the menu below to subscribe to our email newsletters, reminders, and updates
Program registration dates may vary by program area.
Q. What happens if an event is quickly sold out?
A. If there is a wait list available, be sure to put your name on it. This will help us better assess the demand and potentially identify additional dates/times to offer a similar opportunity.
Q. Are face coverings required for in-person program participation?
A. For many in-person programs, they are a requirement. For most outdoor fitness programs, they are only required during check-in. Any time that proper physical distancing cannot be maintained during a program, masks will be required. Be sure to check each program description and receipt notes for detailed instructions.
Q. What happens if inclement weather affects outdoor in-person programs?
A. As a Michigander we know that this is certainly always a possibility. To remain informed about your scheduled class or program, be sure to opt into text messaging updates and notifications upon registration. You will need to include your mobile carrier at that time in order for this to work.
Additionally, weather-related program posts will also be shared on the Summit on the Park, Canton Leisure Services, B.L.O.C.K. Youth & Teen Center, and Canton Club 55+, and Canton Therapeutic Recreation Facebook pages, depending on the nature of the activity.
Q. What happens if I need to cancel or suddenly can't attend a program or event that I'm registered for?
A. In order to receive a full refund, you must request to withdrawal from a program more than 24 hours before the start time. Please understand that after a third occurrence of withdrawing with less than 24 hours notice, this may prohibit you from registering from future programming.
You can find the CLS Program Withdrawal Form Here.
Q. I have some questions or concerns that have not been addressed in the FAQs. How else can I find some answers?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our program hotline at 734/394-5430. Employee schedules may vary. Please keep in mind that while responses may not be immediate, they will be timely. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Discover Brochure Update
Canton Leisure Services is a proud provider of family events and activities, as well as fitness offerings and additional recreational opportunities for the Canton community.
In response to the global health crisis, we have decided to not publish a Fall/Winter 2020 Discover Brochure activity guide.
With ever-evolving COVID-19 challenges, Canton Leisure Services is trying to adapt and remain flexible by rolling out ALL NEW programming opportunities. Find all the latest classes, events, and programs online.