Canton Road Construction update
All Canton Road Improvement Projects are funded by a road millage passed in 2018. Canton began repairs to the roads in our community in 2019 using the funding from the approved Road Millage. The intent of the Canton Road Improvement Program is to provide flexibility year-to-year to match revenues from the millage to the prioritize projects. To view a list of completed millage projects, click here Version OptionsCanton Road Construction updateHeadline
Canton Road Improvement Projects
Updated July 14, 2022
2022 Primary Roads:
- Canton Center Road (Ford - Warren): Full reconstruction of northbound and southbound lanes. This large-scale project began April 18 and is anticipated to be completed by late summer. During construction, one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction and entrances to businesses will remain open.
- Warren Road (Haggerty - Lilley): Base repair and resurfacing.
2022 Local Subdivision Match Projects:
- Cobblestone Ridge
- Sierra Heights
- Buckingham Place
- Willow Creek
- Glengarry Village #1
- Huntington Place #2
- Kimberly Meadows
- Fox Run
- Savannah Pointe
- Parkview Estates Phase 2
- Sunflower Village
- Fairways West
- Pickwick Village
What about the potholes?
Funds generated from the road millage will not be going toward routine County or State maintenance activities (i.e. the filling of potholes, snowplowing, etc.). That work will continue to be done by Wayne County. The millage funds will be used for very specific capital projects.
2022 Wayne County Projects:
PLEASE NOTE: Any and all information will be published as soon as the County makes it available. These projects are subject to change and all questions should be directed to Wayne County by calling 313/224-7600.
- Cherry Hill Bridge Project: Wayne County will be replacing the bridge. Construction is anticipated to restart on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. This will be a lengthy project with Cherry Hill closed between Napier and Ridge for a considerable amount of time. Weather permitting, Wayne County anticipates all lanes of traffic to reopen on October 16, 2022 with all work completed by November 15, 2022. Please direct all questions to Wayne County at 313/224-7600.
- Saltz/Denton/Ridge Traffic Signal: Construction to install the new signal is scheduled to begin on July 25. Traffic will be open during construction but residents can expect intermediate delays as construction crews install traffic signal foundations, signal poles and traffic signals. Reduced speeds and load restrictions may be posted. Flaggers will be present as needed; please use caution when traveling through work zones. Weather permitting, the signal will be in by late summer.
- Beck Road (Ford - Warren): Wayne County will begin construction on June 13 to mill and resurface Beck Road from Ford to Warren Roads. During construction, Beck Road traffic will follow a posted detour route directing traffic from Warren and Ford Roads to Sheldon Road. Flaggers will be present as needed during the project. Please use caution when driving through work zones. Reduced speeds and lane width restrictions may be posted. Weather permitting, construction is anticipated to be completed by October 7. This is a Wayne County project; all questions should be direct to Wayne County at 313/224-7600.
- Joy Road (Hannan to Haggerty): Resurfacing.
- Denton (Geddes to Mott): Resurfacing.
2022 MDOT PROJECTS:
- Revive 275: Project will include both building and improvement activities along 23.5 miles of I-275 including guardrail replacement, signal upgrades, signs, pavement markings, bridge work on 62 structures, including deck patching, epoxy overlay, deep overlay, railing patching, and curb rebuilding, deck joint and pier replacement, resealing, substructure patching, slope protection repairs, rocker alignment, steel repairs, partial painting, concrete surface coating, and approaches. This is a LARGE scale project so MDOT has developed website at https://revive275.org/. PLEASE NOTE: Beginning 5 a.m. Monday, July 18, the southbound I-275 ramp to Ford Road will be closed until late August. The detour is southbound I-275 to eastbound Michigan Avenue, then northbound I-275 to Ford Road. Beginning 5 a.m. Monday, July 25, the eastbound Ford Road ramp to southbound I-275 will be closed until late August. The detour is eastbound Ford Road to northbound I-275, then westbound Ann Arbor Road to southbound I-275.
- Ford Road Boulevard: The Ford Road Boulevard project is also moving forward. MDOT has awarded the contract to for the Design Consultant. MDOT held a public meeting on the project on April 26, to view the meeting visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Yp4i3ASt0 youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link . For more information on this project please visit https://fordroadblvd.com/
For up-to-date road information please follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/CantonMSD or Twitter at Twitter.com/CantonMSD.
Calculate Your Estimated Additional Cost
To determine your estimated additional cost of this Road Millage, multiply your home's taxable value by .0014097.
Enter your home's taxable value: $