Trips offered through out 3rd party travel companies (Custom holidays & Travel Treasures) are currently suspended until further notice.
Individual travel companies may be currently offering trips not through Club 55+ at this time. Please contact the travel company for more information about their offerings. We hope to be able to offer trips again later in 2021.
Club 55+ Trips
Club 55+ offers registration to a variety of trips throughout the year through our partnership with local travel agencies. Trips can range from day trips to overnight stays, within Michigan as well as venturing out of state. We offer casino trips, tours, plays and much more.
Additional half day local trips are also offered through Canton Club 55+ or through out partnership with the DIA.
For a full description of each trip, please visit our listings Opens in New Window and search for the specific trip. You can also register for most trips through this link. Limited space available for all trips. If you require more information, please contact Club 55+.
The grand experience - Mackinac Island Trip
October 5-8, 2021
currently SOLD OUT - WAITLIST OPTION AVAILABLE
Enjoy the best of Mackinac Island at the Grand Hotel. All-inclusive, discount travel package for travelers ages 50+.
A Memorable Trip Back in Time
The Mackinac Island “Grand Experience” is a unique opportunity to stay at one of the finest and most historic hotel properties in America. Step back in time and experience a way of life that has all but disappeared. Experience the charm of a horse-drawn carriage, relax in the parlor each afternoon for high tea, or enjoy a game of bocce in the lush surroundings of the tea garden. Inside, explore the Grand Hotel with its vast array of antiques, art, and other surprises.
Outside, explore the beauty nature provides. A favorite among many visitors is the peaceful setting of the “famous” front porch where you can take in the view of the Mackinac Bridge and the straits of Mackinac. Canton Club 55+ is able to offer this special “bucket-list” opportunity through its affiliation with mParks (Michigan Recreation and Parks Association). The Mackinac Island Grand Experience is for individuals 50 years or older; spouses, sons, daughters and care givers under 50 are welcome. Just one participant is required to be 50 years of age or older in the group.
- Accommodations at the Grand Hotel for three nights (includes baggage handling taxes and gratuities)
- Round trip horse-drawn taxi to and from Grand Hotel from the ferry docks
- Round trip ferry boat service on Star Line from/to Mackinac City
- Full breakfast each morning (3)
- Elegant four course dinner each evening (3)
- Horse drawn carriage tour (tip not included)
- Champagne reception
- Evening entertainment and movies
- History lecture with Grand Hotel Historian
- Night of dancing provided by the Grand
- Hotel Orchestra
- Nightly demitasse
- Tournaments: bocce, golf putting, and chipping
- Games and activities
- Self-guided walks
- Tea and cookies each afternoon
- Writing contests
- Special prices on bicycle rental, photos, golf, and fudge!
- Additional activities available for a small fee (kitchen tour, beading, wine tasting, etc.)
Grand Experience Room Rates:
- Single Rate - room not shared: $1,080 per person
- Double Rate - 2 individuals share a room: $810 per person
* Transportation to and from Mackinac City not included. Individuals must arrange their own transportation to/from Mackinac City
- Monday, February 1, 2021: Registration begins
- Deposit of $425 due at time of registration*
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021: Last day to register
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021: Last day for refund request
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021: Trip Balance Due
* Participants may pay the full amount at time of registration
At this time, we are currently SOLD OUT. If you would like to be placed on our waitlist, please contact Canton Club 55+ at 734/394-5485 or email@example.com.
Please contact Canton Club 55+ at 734/394-5485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.